Laughing at Yourself
by MW Cook
Why you should never take yourself seriously
- You have a bellybutton. And those are funny.
- The characters in a comedy are always better off than characters in a soap opera.
- No one else takes you seriously. Why should you?
- When you take yourself too seriously, you tend to take God less seriously. And that’s no good.
- You’re small, flawed and insignificant. Best not to be too serious about that.
- People who can laugh at themselves are way more happy than those who cannot.
- There is little in you that is worth taking seriously.
- There are too many serious issues in the world for you to waste serious-energy on yourself.
- People who take themselves too seriously are never free from the horrid tyranny of trying to be cool.
- People who take themselves too serious can never, truly, be themselves.
This is second-hand unless you’re reading it at http://www.theilliteratescribe.com