Someone recently asked me what sort of traditions we have for Family Day in Canada. Since it’s a brand-new holiday, though, I didn’t have an answer. But it got me thinking. What sort of traditions should we try to implement for Family Day? Here’s some ideas:
- Drive around with the whole family and get yourself completely lost. Then try to find your way back. To make this a little more exciting, get the kids to direct you back.
- Have a dress-up party with your family. Once you have the wildest costumes, turn it into a dance party.
- Take the family to the nearest downtown urban center and hand out good things to the homeless and the lonely.
- Find a town you’ve never been to before. Take the family there, walk around, have lunch and go back home.
- Make it a day of wild photos. Drive around aimlessly and stop wherever you find a neat looking place to take a family portrait.
- Build a fort.
- Have the kids cook whatever they want for dinner.
This is second-hand unless you’re reading it at http://www.theilliteratescribe.com