Khaled Hosseini’s And the Mountains Echoed
On a scale of 1 to 10, Khaled Hosseini’s third novel, And the Mountains Echoed, was Awesome-Sauce. Here’s why:
- The story is a wild ride that touches you right down in the viscerals with serious love and pain.
- It has all the right elements that made The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns Awesome-Sauce: enticing, complex characters, powerfully real settings and delightful prose.
- Hosseini pushes himself to tell a wider story than he has before, giving us more characters to invest in and telling a broader story that rightly shows the ripples of consequence choices of love, hate and neglect make.
- The characters are deep and real. The reader understands the ones who hurt and sees the flaws in the ones who love.
- When I finished reading it, I felt like a slightly different person. The way you feel after an awesome meal or workout.
Read Khaled Hosseini’s, And the Mountains Echoed. Some people have found it difficult to follow the story because of the relatively larger cast of characters. I say to you, try harder. It’ll be worth it.